This recipe like most of mine is very adaptive. It is meant to serve as a guide to promote experimentation. This is one of my favorite salads and its super quick and easy to make. I often make a gigantic salad like this and let it sit in the fridge so I always have something healthy to snack on.
- 1 large bundle of organic spinach, kale, chard, dandelion greens, collard greens etc (or a combination of greens of your choice)
- 1-2 limes or 1 lemon (peeled or squeezed for juice)
- 3-4+ Tbsp of raw organic Olive oil, coconut oil, macadamia oil, or any whole food oil of your choice
- 1/2 Onion chopped or diced
- 2-4 cloves minced garlic
- Broccoli or Cauliflower florets (optional)
- Goat cheese crumbles, crumbled walnuts, pine nuts (optional add at the end)
- Himalayan pink salt, black pepper and other spices to taste
Optional: Make your own dressing! Blend olive oil, raw onions, garlic, spices, lemon juice and some tomatoes or bell peppers in the blender.
- Take the mixed greens, chopped and cleaned and put them in big mixing or salad bowl
- Add your oil, lemon or lime juice (I peel the lime and chop it and add it juice and pulp altogether) onion, garlic, spices
- Squeeze and "massage" greens with the oils, lemon juice etc for approx 5 mins (This process starts to break down the greens in the fats and acids which makes them taste tender and allows micronutrients to be readily absorbed)
- add goat cheese crumbles and walnuts, almonds, pine nuts etc
- Let chill in the fridge for 5 minutes to 5 days
Post pictures of your salad to IG, twitter and facebook and use the hashtag #LukePechmann